Frequently Asked Questions
Getting Ready Before Class: Helpful Hot Yoga Hints!
- Arrive 15-20 minutes before class and wear light workout clothing.
- Avoid eating heavy meals 2-3 hours before class time, but eat something light such as a piece of fruit or a banana (full of potassium) so you have energy for the class and you will be ready to sweat and avoid feeling dizzy & nauseous.
- Drink lots water throughout the day to properly hydrate yourself for the class.
- Bring water & an electrolyte drink
- You will need towels, a yoga mat, and a bottle of water for the class (you can rent towels and mat, and purchase water at the Studio).
- Avoid class if you're feeling under the weather or particularly low-energy
- We have showers, changing facilities, and free parking available on the site!
If you have any health issues (i.e. high blood pressure, heart issues, etc.) or if you are on any medications, please consult your doctor before coming to your first class.
Because hot yoga puts added stress on the body, taking hot yoga may not be beneficial for your baby. We ask that your refrain from participating in hot yoga classes during pregnancy. If you are in good health, please be well hydrated and eat something light such as a banana before class time so you have enough energy for the class.
Helpful Hints to Remember AFTER Class
- Cool down before leaving the studio. Give yourself time to transition back into normal activities.
- Drink lots of fluid and plenty of water! Hydration is incredibly important when you practice hot yoga.
- In order to be effective, we recommend you practice daily or on a regular basis with no long lapses of time between classes. With a consistent practice you will notice both physical and mental changes.
Bikram Yoga Rockville Community has become a big part of my life. Balance, portion control, heart felt emotions, sensitivity and love. What else do you need?- Sheila
Yoga Etiquette in the Studio
- Please no talking, no eating, no gum and no shoes.
- Please turn off you cell phone, or put on silent
- Please be mindful & avoid wearing heavy perfume or cologne.
You must be 16 years old or older to take hot yoga classes with us.
If you are between 16-18 years old, you need to be accompanied by your legal guardians/parents for your first class. Your guardian needs to take the first class with you. Please call the studio if you have any questions regarding the age limitation.
“Never too bad, never too old, never too sick, never too late, to start from scratch and begin again.”
– Bikram Choudhury